New Year, New Goals
If growing your business is one of your goals for 2022, here are seven key initiatives to start the new year off right:
- Focus On Your Customers. Who are your top customers? Are they loyal to you? How do you nurture your relationship with them? It costs much more to acquire new customers than it does to retain an existing customer. While customer acquisition is important, don’t lose sight of building customer loyalty and retention. Do you have strategies in place to nurture existing customers, such as customer e-news, special offers, social media promotions or frequent buyer programs.
- Customer Service. Ensure your customer service is exceptional, and go the extra mile when you can. Your customers will not only remember great service they will also be more likely to refer other people to you. When a customer is delighted, consider asking them for a testimonial to use on your website or social media account or to leave a positive Google review.
- Identify New Opportunities. Analyze new opportunities in your business by understanding your target demographic better. Are there products or services you should add to your mix? Are there untapped markets that you can expand into? Has the competitive landscape changed? There may be new ways you could grow your business immediately. Put a plan in place to find those opportunities in 2022
- Go Where Your Audience Is. How do you market? Where are your customers? What attracts their attention? How do they engage with you? What do they love about your product or service? Review your message. Do you market your business online effectively? Is your message being seen on the right channels?
- Form Strategic Partnerships. Strategic partnerships can help you reach new customers. Seek out companies that are complementary to your own. Reach out to them, but make sure you understand how it is mutually advantageous. Attend networking events. Invest time to build your network.These relationships allow you to make connections and grow word-of-mouth referrals.
- Continue to Learn and Grow. Knowledge is so valuable for entrepreneurs. It helps you to get inspired and achieve great things. The key is to never stop learning, whether it’s through online courses, in-person workshops, and/or from fellow entrepreneurs. There are many resources out there; MWSU’s Center for Workforce Development offers great self-paced, flexible online courses. There are even scholarships available! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. And don’t forget about all the free programming available during Entrepreneurship Week!
- Identify Resources. Find organizations that support small businesses. There are so many free resources out there. And remember, the Center for Entrepreneurship is always available to help you with free, confidential business coaching.
We at the Center for Entrepreneurship are excited about the new year and the possibilities it brings for your business. Give us a call at 816-271-4283 to schedule a meeting and start planning for your business growth in 2022!
Entrepreneurship Week – March 14-18, 2022
Cup of Joe – Every Wednesday morning at 9 a.m.